Chinese Medicine Clinic Suspected of Lead Poisoning|國民黨前台中巿黨部主委妻子 確診鉛中毒
Former Kuomintang Taichung Chapter Chairperson Chen Ming-chen posted on Facebook that his wife took Chinese medicine but began feeling dizzy and vomiting. A blood test revealed lead poisoning.
Former Kuomintang Taichung Chapter Chairperson Chen Ming-chen holds a packet of medicine from Shengtang Chinese Medicine Clinic. He said his wife recently underwent chemotherapy for cancer, and then began feeling unwell. A blood test revealed lead poisoning.
She told them that during the past month or two, she would feel sharp stomach pains after taking the Chinese medicine and feel very unwell. I took the medicine to get tested, and she took a blood test and it showed an excessive level of 95 (micrograms per deciliter).
The test report showed the blood lead level was 95 micrograms per deciliter, which was much higher than the normal 10 micrograms per deciliter. Chen said his wife has been fighting cancer for two years. She began using medicine prescribed by Shengtang Chinese Medicine Clinic at the beginning of 2019, but came down with lead poisoning. He added that his wife was examined by clinic head Lu Shih-ming, and it remains to be clarified whether there is any direct connection with the medicine. Meanwhile, Taichung City Councilor Chang Yen-tung and his family have also developed lead poisoning after taking Chinese medicine from the same clinic, and intend to sue.
He (Shengtang Chinese Medicine Clinic head Lu Shih-ming) did not offer any apology. My father suffered damage to 40 percent of his brain and lost the ability to express himself.
Chang had the entire family tested, and the results showed everyone had excessive blood lead levels, including one member with a level of 364 micrograms per deciliter. Chang said he has already filed murder charges. Lu has already been ordered to suspend operations for one month and will be disciplined according to the Medical Care Act. Taichung City's Health Bureau says it is following up with 16 cases of suspected lead poisoning from medication and 30 specimens have been sent for testing. The results will require further testing and the judicial process has already been initiated.
空污PM2.5橘色站日數 環保署擬3年減半(26 分鐘前)
張上淳獲師鐸獎 蔡英文：在醫院、學校和CDC都發揮所長(32 分鐘前)
北市自駕巴士免費預約試搭 信義路6處可上下車(32 分鐘前)
歐亞水獺寶寶學游泳 躲樹叢享受日光浴(32 分鐘前)